What’s your comfort food?
In general, I don’t care to repeat recipes. I get a lot of pleasure from finding new combinations of flavors and textures. There’s also a bit of a thrill in finding new desserts that dazzle and impress.
But then there are some days where I find myself craving certain flavors and no new recipe attracts my attention. Those are the times when I know I need to hit up one of my favorite recipes. This is the dependable kind of recipe that is guaranteed to satisfy. It’s also relatively easy to make; a recipe that requires a ton of effort zaps all the comfort.
Here’s my comfort dessert. They’re not fancy. They’re easy to make. And the flavors are perfectly comforting.
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
3 cups old fashioned oatmeal (not instant oatmeal or quick oats)
2/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
2 cups sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp. vanilla
- Cover 2 cookie sheets with wax paper
- Place oatmeal and peanut butter in bowl to later add to hot ingredients.
- Place butter, sugar, cocoa, and milk in saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Immediately add oatmeal, peanut butter, and vanilla. Stir until completely incorporated
- Spoon batter onto cooking sheets covered in wax paper. Allow to air dry (about 1 hour)
Like many, my kids’ comfort food is chocolate chip cookies. One kid likes the cookie dough and the other one likes the warm cookies.
One thought on “Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies (gluten free)”
[…] Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies (gluten free) […]